On Saturday, I co-hosted a baby shower with four amazing ladies for 30 guests for our friend's first pregnancy/baby.
Our theme was Boy Baby Feet. Our party planning duties included:
- Decor (Tables / Chairs / Plates / Cups / Napkins / Balloons / Hanging Decor / Signs / Music)
- Appetizers (Cheese Platter)
- Main Course (Tea Sandwiches / Spinach Pesto Salad / Veggie Platter)
- Desserts (Cake / Cake Pops / Cookies / Mints)
- Drinks (Cucumber Lemon Water / Lemonade / Champagne Punch / Coffee)
- Games & Gifts (Advice For Mommy Scrapbook / Baby Gift Bingo / Guess the Jelly Beans / Guess the Baby Animal Name / Gifts for Guests & Game Winners / Guest Sign-In Plate)
I made the Cucumber Lemon Water & the Baby Feet Cheese Platter. Because we love to entertain at home, I have created a great "dinner party" playlist that we used as the background music.
Cucumber Lemon Water
Recipe for Cucumber Lemon Water
- 5 quarts of chilled water
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber (5 inches), thinly sliced
Thinly slice lemons & cucumbers and add slices to the pitcher/container. Add water & ice. Stir gently. Let sit for about an hour. Served 30 people (Just add more water to the pitcher as needed).
Baby Feet Cheese Platter
The Baby Feet Cheese Platter (Good rule: 1 oz. cheese per person)
- 6 blocks of cheese (Havarti with Dill, Gouda, Brie, Blue, Swiss Gruyere, Toscano)
- 2 packages of Sliced 4-Cheese Variety Party Pack
- Grapes (Red & Green)
- French Baguette
- Cracker Assortment
I used a footprint cookie cutter to cut the sliced cheese into baby feet as the border of the platter (I'm using the extra cheese bits to make a delicious quesadilla this week). I arranged the cheese on the plate, added the fresh fruit, sprinkled the walnuts into the holes. I made my own cheese labels (wrapped 2 address labels around the top of toothpicks using a pretty blue font) and supplied a separate knife for each cheese.
Gifts for the Mommy-To-Be
Instead of a guest book, the guests signed the baby feet plate.
The "Advice for Mommy" cards were added to the scrapbook below using baby-themed stickers.
Main Lunch Course
Tea Sandwiches & Spinach Pesto Salad
Dessert / Games
Cake, Cake Pops, Diaper Cake, Guess The Jelly Beans, and Baby Feet Mints
Decor / Gifts
Wrapped potted daisy plants in a diaper were centerpieces (also, a parting table gift for guests).
Baby Feet Lemon Cookies were a gift for guests.
The Cards on the table were for "Advice for Mommy".
What A Happy Day!!! :D