Being that I'm also hoping to see additional positive results in my previously set energy, fitness, skin and overall health goals, practicing 40 days of serious discipline hasn't actually been too much of a chore. I've admittedly missed having a glass of red wine with dinner once in a while. Also, the day we drove by what felt like 10 In-N-Out Burgers heading up from LA to San Luis Obispo, I wanted to stop at each one & grab a animal style protein burger. This is especially bizarre because I don't actually crave In-N-Out often when I CAN HAVE IT ANYTIME I WANT so I don't know why the "YOU CAN'T HAVE IT SO IT'S ALL YOU WANT" gene kicks in NOW. Other than that, I feel good and am seeing results in my health & fitness goals so it's working!
Since the only meat I've truly craved so far is this In-N-Out burger, last night I made my own version, a portabello mushroom burger. It's true what they say! Portabello mushrooms really are the meat of the vegetable world.
2 Portabello Mushrooms
2 slices Jarlsberg low-fat cheese
3 tbs olive oil
2 cloves frozen garlic (Trader Joe's)
1 frozen basil cube (Trader Joe's)
1 frozen parsley cube (Trader Joe's)
Making the Burger:
- Pre-heated 1.5 tbs olive oil, frozen garlic, basil & parsley from Trader Joe's in grilling pan on medium-high heat.
- Once herbs melted, added 2 chopped scallions & mushrooms to pan.
- Grilled on medium-high for 10 minutes flipping every few minutes.
- Added cheese for last 2 minutes.
- Served on whole-wheat buns with romaine lettuce and spicy mustard.
Makes 2 Servings. Delicious! Enjoy!